It's all about strategy
Building a strong, strategic foundation.
Your Strategy Is The Foundation Upon Which You Build Your Business
Every successful company is more successful when they follow a business plan, and marketing is a vital ingredient in the overall plan. Think of it as a roadmap to the future.
You must begin with an evaluation of where your business is today, and where it could be focused tomorrow. Start with some open-minded future thinking and see if the business model you are using today can continue to work tomorrow by analyzing five areas:
- Company: What are the products and services you are selling today? Which ones are profitable and will continue to be? Are the products and services you are presently selling today going to be as viable in five years?
- Industry: Where do the trends point regarding the business category you are working within today. Is the business going down the right road? What is the best strategic way to go forward?
- Environment: What is happening, or could happen, from an economic and socio-economic perspective in our country or around the world? When you look at the future prospects for your products and services, what do present and potential trends indicate?
- Competitiveness: Who are your competitors today and who might be tomorrow? What are their key strengths and weaknesses?
- Customer: Who is your customer? What are their precise demographics? After you create a fictional customer persona with all the attributes of your target customer, ask yourself if your products and services are pertinent and relevant to their actual needs and desires.
With these facts gathered and assimilated, it is time to create your strategic marketing plan to build “Customers for Life.”