When was the last time you didn’t take a positive or negative comment into account before clicking the shopping cart button or making an in-store purchase? You’re not alone…93% of consumers say online reviews impact purchase decisions. Not only that, 63% of consumers are willing to pay up to 15% more for a better experience!
Now you tell me…is a review about your business important? Can it alter someone’s shopping perspective? No doubt!
Here’s yet another important stat to think about…Consumers are also more proactive than ever when it comes to their buying decisions. According to Power Reviews, 89% of consumers consider reviews to be an essential resource when making a purchase decision. Looks like people are listening to the advertiser less and looking to their peers mostly unbiased opinions to help them to make a purchase decision – or not.
So let’s talk about the type of content you need in a review, and how to get it.
1. Identify five present customers who would agree to share their opinion about a particular feature and associated benefit of your product or service.
2. Give each of those five customers one different feature and ask them to write a review about its benefits. You can help them put their thoughts into words, however, authentic reviews are not about you putting words in your customer’s mouths. Testimonials and reviews need to be authentic.
3. Remember to explain that you intend to use their review in multiple marketing efforts, and see if you can get your reviewers to allow you to use their picture whenever and wherever you use their words.
4. Get your reviewers to sign a simple release form allowing you to use their words and likeness in your marketing.
5. Say “thank you” by sending each reviewer a hand-written note and a $10 Starbucks coupon or Visa Gift Card.
6. Determine how and where you would like to communicate your newly obtained reviews: Your website, social accounts, eNewsletter, in your email signature, within proposals you make to future customers.
So, is a review about your business important? Testimonials and reviews are powerful tactics to gain customer confidence, leading to an inquiry or even sale. Yes, it’s time and energy consuming to accumulate reviews, but don’t hesitate…they’re a vital ingredient in supporting your marketing efforts.